Case Manager / Debt Resolution Advocate - Sydney
(Two Part time positions 8hrs/day Mon Tue Wed and 8rs/day Wed Thu Fri in Sydney office)
Two exciting part time opportunities have arisen in our North Sydney head office for experienced Case Manager / Debt Resolution Consultants Advocate to join our dynamic team to help consumers and small business owners manage challenges they face in meeting financial commitments.
We are seeking two dependable and dedicated people with exceptional customer service skills to maintain a portfolio of debt restructure accounts and ensure commercially agreeable debt settlement terms are reached in the shortest possible time between all stake holders.
This position involves debt negotiations for unsecured debts (credit cards, personal loans) held by consumers and small business owners with banks, finance companies, debt purchasers and payday lenders and also more complex negotiations for secured debts (mortgages).
The position requires a high level of understanding of the ACCC debt collections guide lines, NCCP, National Consumer Credit Code and Credit Reporting Code.
We have a team orientated culture with dedicated, intelligent and dynamic individuals. Our team is is collaborative and supportive and will help you grow and achieve your career goals. You will need to be a self starter and outcome orientated.
Our motto is “Live your Best Life” and our philosophy is based on “ethics before debt” and “we stand for the consumer” . These values are a fundamental part of who we are and contribute to our raving customer fan base.
Work hours 9.00am – 5.00pm Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday or 9.00am – 5pm Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, with occasional weekend work as required.
Some of our fantastic staff benefits include:
• Working from our North Sydney office with free parking and stunning views of Sydney Harbour!
• Access to leading edge online training and development
• Company funded industry certification and qualifications
• Paid weekly and above market rates
- Ensure prompt, open communication is maintained with credit providers, consumers, regulators, legal teams and other stakeholders.
- Maintain a portfolio of debt restructuring accounts to negotiate debt settlements that are commercially agreeable to all stake holders
- Ensure each account under management is monitored through various cycles of debt negotiation and moved efficiently through to settlement
- Assessment of the client’s personal circumstances and investigate their case
- Negotiation with, and investigating information from credit providers and CRB’s
- Researching relevant legislation, and drafting correspondence based on the legislation to support debt disputes
- Analysing and clarifying clients issues
- Dealing with complex consumer matters in a logical, convincing manner
- Managing your case load and meeting KPIs
- Workload management and delegation
- Provide advice and guidance through hands on training and development with the team
- Must have a business name ABN or Pty Ltd company to receive payments for service
- Minimum of four (4) years’ experience in case management / debt resolution, debt collection, credit repair, credit management or debt advocacy/counselling.
- Comfortable working from home on occasions (during Covid restrictions) and familiar with remote time in attendance tools, call recordings, CRM client management tools.
- Must have reliable, fast internet connection, current WINDOWS laptop or desktop and home office workspace
- Sound knowledge of the credit collections process and relevant legislation (particularly CR Code 2014 and NCCP)
- Sound knowledge of ASIC collections guidelines, together with borrower harassment and hardship guidelines
- Thorough knowledge of Credit Provider Responsible Lending criteria is essential
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Analytical and problem-solving skills with high attention to detail
- Ability to research and navigate legislation
- Excellent negotiation and decision making skills
- Excellent problem solving skills and the ability to think outside the box
- Strong stakeholder management and relationship building skills
- A quick thinker who always displays a polite professional approach outwardly but has underlying assertive negotiation skills built on solid knowledge of the NCCP
- Willingness to complete industry training to remain current, competent and compliant
- Ability to work well under pressure and adapt to an agile environment
- Ability to work autonomously and self manage while maintaining and developing team relationships if working remotely
- Adaptable to change with a positive outlook and a great team player
- Excellent communication and mediation skills (written and verbal)
- Genuine passion for helping others and providing a superior customer experience
- Advise clients and/or respond to enquiries about debt matters.
• Negotiate outcomes so our Clients can meet all their monthly debt obligations.
• Communicate regularly with clients to keep them updated on case progress.
• Review client accounts regularly to identify new or emerging issues.
• Have a broad knowledge of financial topics, such as credit report ratings, bankruptcy laws, consumer protection laws and debt collection processes.
• Make Credit Providers aware of compliance issues discovered during Credit Disclosure process and use the information to negotiate best possible outcome for client and
• Above all provide excellent customer service.
- High level understanding of Credit Law, Code of Banking and IDR/EDR processes
- High Level understanding of NCCP and knowledge of the current Credit Reporting process is advantageous
- CRM system experience and technical understanding and ability.